Interest part 3

I see myself on the side of philosophy, and what I mean by that is that I am not an artist.

I have made some art.  That's true.  But ultimately, I'm not an artist.  

What I mean by that is that I am interested in things the way a philosopher is interested in things.  I'm not interested in things the way a true artist is interested in things.  I wish I were, but so far that avenue has been mostly closed to me.

I'm not an artist, but I've been around artists.  It's wonderful to be around artists.  Wonderful and terrible.

Artists have one kind of interest; philosophers have a different kind of interest.  I'd like to say, "Neither one is better than the other; they're just different, that's all."  But that's not true.  The way that artists are interested is superior to the way that philosophers are interested.  But, sadly, I have never been interested in anything the way an artist is interested - merely the way a philosopher is interested.

The way that artists are interested in things is, itself, interesting.  The way that philosophers are interested in things is annoying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Liquefactionism

Why Ayn Rand was Wrong

Why Capitalism is Ending