Against World Government

 

There are many reasons that I'm opposed to world government.  One of them is that the concept of world government is utterly opposed to science.   

Society cannot progress without experiment, and experiment cannot be effective without comparison.  Different people must be governed differently so that we can learn precisely in and through this difference.

(This is analogous to resistance against monoculture.  Imagine if one language eliminated all other languages.  Imagine what damage this would do to the science of linguistics.  The science would be utterly ruined.  Similarly, for the same reasons, I oppose one religion dominating and eliminating all other religions.  We must fight to preserve the languages and religions of, for instance, Native American peoples, which are getting eliminated by global capitalism.  And just as linguistics as a science cannot progress without a multiplicity of living linguistic traditions, similarly, political science and theory cannot exist without multiple polities.)

A movement for world government is a movement for dogmatism, absolutism, ignorance, narrowmindedness, bigotry, and prejudice.

Nonetheless, I do consider myself to be a cosmopolitan - a citizen of the world. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lenin the Moralist

Why Capitalism is Ending